Thursday 19 May 2016

#3. An Exclusive Interview with Mr. Christopher Antony Meade


Christopher Antony Meade


Interviewed By: Ms. Nita Samantaray

Christopher Antony Meade was born in Ireland but has lived in England since 1986. He has had a variety of occupations over the years, from gardener to railway safety officer. The consequence is that he was provided with the opportunity of associating with a large selection of very interesting and sometimes, eccentric, characters. He has maintained a lifetime interest in all matters historical and artistic and this is sometimes reflected in his writing. Christopher has been writing professionally for about six years now and has two published books and one about to be offered to the world. His genre is mainly satire, (or whatever might annoy some, while amusing others). He can however turn his hand to almost all types of literary endeavor.

Lets have a glance on what he has to say on my Questions:

Nita: Hi Christopher, I welcome you to ‘’All about an Author’’
Christopher: Thanks very much. I’m delighted to be here.

Nita: So, lets start with your own story. Tell me a bit about yourself.
Christopher: I was born in Ireland but have lived the last thirty years in England. I have worked at a variety of jobs, from restaurant kitchen porter, to gardener and railway worker. There were also some, less than successful, attempts at being a salesman. I am unmarried and intend to stay that way, being much too cranky to make a good spouse. I love history, classical music and cats (about equally). Feeding birds and planting flowers in my garden also pleases me.

Nita: As you told that you were born in Ireland and lived in England, so how did you find the cultural difference?
Christopher:There is very little cultural difference between the two countries so I settled in here very easily. We speak the same language, watch the same television programmes and most of us share the same passions for football and horse racing. Plus there has always been a lot of travel between England and Ireland, so we are almost the same people.

Nita: When and how did you start your journey of writing?
Christopher: I did quite a lot of writing at school and just loved telling stories. When my education ended, I didn’t write anything, as making a living took over my existence instead. I kind of fell into writing in later life, when I discovered the internet and the pleasure (and potentiality for making money) of article writing. The articles grew into books and the rest is history.

Nita: Everyone has inspiration in their life, what exactly inspired you for writing?
Christopher: Honestly? I thought it would be an easy and enjoyable way to make sacks of money. I was wrong about the “easy” bit but it has been very enjoyable and I have become acquainted with some very interesting and nice people along the way.

Nita: Is there any specific genre that you prefer to write or read?
Christopher: I love a good comedy, so PG Wodehouse is a great favourite of mine. I can read and appreciate almost any genre of literature, so long as it’s well written and entertaining. I love the great classics, especially the books of Charles Dickens. I can turn my hand to almost any type fiction writing, although my sense of the ridiculous means that comedy and satire keep creeping into my work.

Nita: You have written very fine books full of humour, but if it comes to you what you have to say about your books?
Christopher: If people are entertained (and occasionally enlightened) from reading my words, that’s all I want. I can’t give any other explanation.

Nita: I have reviewed one of your book, ''The Zombie, the cat and Barack Obama''. But a question which always haunted me was why did you choose Barack Obama for your book why not anyone else. Hope you will reveal it today.
Christopher: Because there was a lot of controversy over the origins of Barack Obama and whether he had any right to become president of the United States. I decided to satirise all this by giving my “true” account of his origins. Also, I could not really resist having a bit of a dig at him as well. Politicians are fair game to the satirist. Don’t forget I may well be telling the truth anyway. It’s for the readers to judge.

Nita: Book publishing is an essential part of a writer's life, so how was your  journey?
Christopher: Very rocky and sometimes very frustrating, with moments of great elation, especially when I get good reviews.

Nita: Is writing your passion or profession?
Christopher: It’s definitely my profession as I have no other at the moment. All other “boats” are well and truly “burnt”. It’s a passion, but not an obsession. I enjoy writing and consider myself pretty good at it. It’s not my entire life though. I like to keep everything in balance. That’s the best way to keep sane.

Nita: A lot of budding writers might be seeking a best piece of writing advice from you.
Christopher: Think of it as if you are telling a good story to a friend. If you get the first few sentences really flowing grippingly, you are off to a great start. Then treat writing a book like riding a bicycle. You just have to keep peddling like mad till you reach the end of your journey. If it’s good, you’ve got a book and you are an author. If it’s no good, don’t give up the day job.

Nita: Lets make it a bit interesting, Something personal about you people may be surprised to know?
Christopher: I once got run over by a herd of sheep. That’s totally the truth and one of the hazards of Irish country life. I’m saving the detailed account of this episode for my autobiography.

Nita: Do you have any upcoming books or plans?
Christopher: Book number three is finished and will be coming out later in the year. I would also like to write sequels to both of my two published books. That is my project for next year.

Nita: Well great !!! Lets end it with a short message for your fans.
Christopher: Thanks for all your great support. It has meant a lot to me. Keep happy and well and tell everyone about my books. That’s about it.



You can reach Mr. Christopher Antony Meade through below link:


You can get his book through below link:





''I am really thankful to Mr. Christopher Antony Meade for sharing his thoughts. I really enjoyed interacting with him.''
                                       
Nita Samantaray
                                                                                     
All about an Author


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Nita for presenting my interview so professionally. It was a pleasure to answer your questions.

    ReplyDelete