Friday 29 July 2016

#13. An Exclusive Interview with Author Frank A.Ruffolo


Frank A.Ruffolo


Interviewed By: Ms. Nita Samantaray

Frank A. Ruffolo is a storyteller. He began this crazy journey in 2007. He has three published books and have two more with his Publisher, Linkville Press for release later this year. He retired from a 43 year career in Purchasing Management in 2010 and have been married to his beautiful wife Christine for 41 years. He has two grown children and one wonderful grandson. He moved his family from New York to South Florida in 1979 and finally became a storyteller when the voices in his head would not shut up. He call himself a storyteller for that is what he do. He write in a narrative style and don't consider himself as an author. Hemingway and Dickens were authors. He tell stories. He has written a screenplay and currently working on developing one with a noted producer in New York.


Lets have a glance on what he has to say to my Questions:

Nita: Hi, I welcome you to ‘’All about an Author’’
Siva: Hi Nita it is my honor to be here.

Nita: Tell me a bit about yourself?
Siva: I am retired and have three books published and two more at my publisher Linkville Press for release later this year. I am also a playwright with one movie credit a short titled “Robin’s Glove”.

Nita: When and how did you start your journey of writing?
Siva: I started writing in 2007. Just woke up with an idea that the voices in my head wouldn’t let go.

Nita: What inspired you for writing?
Siva: The first book I published was the Faith based Sci Fi Gabriel’s Chalice. I was still working at the time as a Purchasing manager. My morning routine before I left for work was to go to where we have a bible on display in our house and say my morning prayers. When I was done to get inspiration for the day I would randomly flip open the bible and read the first passage my sleepy eyes would focus on. Four mornings in a row I turned to the same passage Luke 21:11 which foretold what events would happen before Jesus returns. “There will be earthquakes and plagues in various places. There will be terrors in the sky and great signs.” Four in row is not a coincidence.

Nita: Is there any specific genre that you prefer to write or read?
Siva: I write in three genres, Sci fi, Action adventure and murder mystery. I prefer to read action adventure like Cussler, or sci fi like Heinlein. I prefer to write science fiction.

Nita: How will you explain your books?
Siva: To me all three genres are similar there is a protagonist that is either looking for something, or someone or solving a problem. The genres are all different so explaining each one would be a lengthy process. Basically all are good against evil. The Story You reviewed, Gabriel’s Chalice foretells how the events of the times before the great judgement will playout. As before when God the Father wanted to announce the coming of his Son the first time he sent Archangel Gabriel to inform the Virgin Mary. Here again  I foretell that he will send Gabriel again for a message for all mankind that his son is returning. Briefly the second Book The Trihedral of Chaos is a trilogy of love and hate as my protagonist must weigh his love of family for his love of country as he must stop three separate terror attacks in the United States. My murder mystery follows Det Jack Stenhouse a throwback detective in the vein of Bogart and McQueen. He solves a case in Florida then moves to the 1st Precinct in the Big Apple.

Nita: How was your book publishing journey?
Siva: It was a long process. I did it backwards I self published my first two books and then sent out 163 query letters before my last book A murder mystery The Jack Stenhouse Mysteries was accepted by Linkville press.

Nita: Is writing your passion or profession?
Siva: To answer simply yes. Both, now that I am retired

Nita: How did you manage time between your full time profession and writing?
Siva: When I was working full time I worked nights and weekends on the computer and kept a ledger.

Nita: Best piece of writing advice from you?
Siva: Read read read. The more you read the better you will become. Do not be afraid to just start writing down your thoughts. The story will come then set an outline and begin the characters will take over. Finally be prepared for rejection and edit, edit edit.

Nita: Something personal about you people may be surprised to know?
Siva: I drove a Nascar stock car at Homestead racetrack in excess of 140 mph.

Nita: Do you have any upcoming books or plans?
Siva: I have two more books coming out this year a sequel to Gabriel’s Chalice titled Tres Archangelis. This book takes place 25 years after the great judgement. Man interferes in God’s Universe and sets events into motion that send an asteroid on a collision course with earth that will end man’s reign. God tasks the Matteo family to find three keys left on earth by his guardians, the Archangels that will unlock their power and save the planet.  The other Jack Stenhouse Mystery is Blue Falcon. A scandalous President in charge of a corrupt administration is being impeached. Witnesses being called to testify against him are being assassinated by his ex, transgendered lover. Jack is recruited into a federal task force by an old friend in the FBI to help track down the killer whose tracks lead to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.   You can get updates on Facebook, on twitter @ruffioloauthor or my website www.frankaruffolo.com. I am currently editing two more books for future release another murder mystery thriller and the third in the sequel to Gabriel’s Chalice. I am also researching and writing three more books.

Nita: Any message to your fans?
Siva: Yes great news I have submitted a screenplay to a producer in New York Based on my first murder mystery titled Shadow of Death. Like I had mentioned the producer likes my detective and equates him to Bogart or McQueen and wants to develop the story. We discussed some minor rewrites and I am resubmitting within a few weeks. The producer is encouraged that I have more Stenhouse Mysteries in the works.


You can reach Author Frank A.Ruffolo through below link:

You can get his book through below link:




''I am really thankful to Author Frank A.Ruffolo for sharing his thoughts. It was really nice interacting with such a talented Author.''
                                       
Nita Samantaray
                                                                                     
All about an Author

No comments:

Post a Comment