Thursday 9 June 2016

#10. An Exclusive Interview with Author Kevin Solomon Missal


Kevin Solomon Missal 


Interviewed By: Ms. Nita Samantaray

Kevin Solomon Missal is a nineteen year old student from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi. He had written his first book at the age of 14 which was launched by Sheila Dikshit while the second book was published by an indie-British publisher at the age of 16. He is a thriller writer with his two books Mara and Yama set to come up in 2016. His passion is of film making, writing scripts for theatre and reading of horror genre. When he’s not doing any of the above, he’s mostly found procrastinating. 


Lets have a glance on what he has to say to my Questions:


Nita: Hi Kevin, I welcome you to ‘’All about an Author’’
Kevin: Thanks a lot. It’s really nice to be here.

Nita: Tell me a bit about yourself?
Kevin: My name is Kevin Solomon Missal. It’s a long name, I know. I am a nineteen year old student from St. Stephen’s College. I had written my first book at the age of fourteen by the name of “Damien Black and the Battle of Lost Ages”. I wrote my second book at the age of sixteen which was titled “Unlocked”. And now at this age, I’ve published my third book “Yama”. Other than that, I love to make films and I’m part of this new venture known as NERDboy Entertainment that you can check online. I have directed and written four shorts and acted in one.

Nita: When and how did you start your journey of writing?
Kevin: My parents always wanted me to read. They used to give me comics at the age of ten. That was Archie. I began to read Oliver Twist, the unabridged version and from there on, I took up words and sentences that I loved. I understood language, the beauty of it, the nuance and the texture and I adopted it in my stories. I never wrote short stories that time. It was difficult for me, so the first thing I did—I penned my first novel.

Nita: What inspired you for writing?
Kevin: All the books I’ve read are a collective answer to this question. Also, I wasn’t good at anything else except for writing and storytelling.

Nita: Is there any specific genre that you prefer to write or read?
Kevin: Urban fantasy has always been my feat but I can’t explore that in the Indian market for they are not really receptive to it.

Nita: How will you explain your books?
Kevin: Let’s just say the usual thrillers are – Good vs Evil, right? Mine is Evil vs Lesser evil.

Nita: How was your book publishing journey?
Kevin: It was smooth. Everything was handled by the publisher that was Half Baked Beans and I’m quite happy with him. Another book of mine is going to get published titled “Mara” from them only.

Nita: Is writing your passion or profession?
Kevin: Passion as of now. Filmmaking is my profession. 

Nita: How did you manage time between your full time profession and writing?
Kevin: I wrote it in my summer holidays.

Nita: Best piece of writing advice from you?
Kevin: Start your first chapter with someone’s death. You’ll be fine after that.

Nita: Something personal about you people may be surprised to know?
Kevin: I write my books in a week or two. Yama was finished in twelve days.

Nita: Do you have any upcoming books or plans?
Kevin: There’s a book going to be published later this year titled “Mara”. I’m writing a LitSeries on Facebook titled “Inayaat”. I’m also writing for a webseries I’m thinking of directing. I am writing another Urban Fantasy that deals with a girl and Ashwatthama. There’s another draft of a romance “Imperfect Us” that I’m thinking of self-publishing, so yeah these are all the things.

Nita: Any message to your fans?
Kevin: I’m humbled to have you as my readers. You might be few but you are all I have. And for that, I am eternally grateful.

Nita: I would love if you will give me some suggestions for my blogs ‘’Your Book Our Review’’ and ‘’All about an Author’’
Kevin: Your blog is really fascinating. With time, it would grow into something wonderful. Cheers!




You can reach Author Kevin Solomon Missal through below link:

You can get his book through below link:




''I am really thankful to Author Kevin Solomon Missal for sharing his thoughts. It was really nice interacting with such a talented Author.''
                                       
Nita Samantaray
                                                                                     
All about an Author

1 comment:

  1. Great interview. If your books are as interesting as your answers to questions, they must be really good. Best wishes for your success.

    ReplyDelete